Forum Discussion

Jhill
Resourceful Rider
10 months ago

How are people accumulating so many points?!

I’m just wondering how some angels are amassing soooo many points. I’m in awe! I thought I was doing a lot when I hit 450 points last month but I see some are doing that in one day. How?!?

also seems like a bike angels ride/meet up could be fun 👀

• I use a personal bike and trailer to transport Citibikes, working from midnight to 8 a.m. to avoid traffic. Instead of making numerous short trips, I focus on longer journeys between major pickup and drop-off points, averaging 2 points per minute. This approach minimizes the time spent on loading and unloading, which are the most significant time sinks. With this method, I can accumulate about 700 points per day and aim to reach 1,000 points daily by adding an electric motor to my bike.

While I've heard that some people use multiple accounts to avoid resetting their 3x bonus between rides, I consider this approach to be counterproductive and essentially cheating. I've been refining my strategy over the summer and recently transitioned to doing this full-time. My goal is to earn $4,000 a month. I hope this information is helpful. Good luck!

Jhill
    Resourceful Rider

Thank you so much for these answers! They were extremely helpful! The way some have transitioned this into a career is next level! 

BananaBlack
    Resourceful Rider

I use a personal bike and trailer to transport Citibikes, working from midnight to 8 a.m. to avoid traffic. Instead of making numerous short trips, I focus on longer journeys between major pickup and drop-off points, averaging 2 points per minute. This approach minimizes the time spent on loading and unloading, which are the most significant time sinks. With this method, I can accumulate about 700 points per day and aim to reach 1,000 points daily by adding an electric motor to my bike.

While I've heard that some people use multiple accounts to avoid resetting their 3x bonus between rides, I consider this approach to be counterproductive and essentially cheating. I've been refining my strategy over the summer and recently transitioned to doing this full-time. My goal is to earn $4,000 a month. I hope this information is helpful. Good luck!

RedDragon
      Resourceful Rider

Assuming your trailer fits multiple Citibikes I'm curious to know how do you check out more than one to fill your trailer?

BananaBlack
        Resourceful Rider

Maybe with a friends and family account, but as far as I know, you can't really check out more than one bike at a time. On that note I have seen Vans driving around sniping my points, but I imagine these guys officially work for Citibike and are probably on a different pay scale/system.

bikingismygym
    Resourceful Rider

Living in NYC I planned my trips based on points and tried to make sure I was maximizing pick up and drop off points anywhere I went.  There were times I could easily get 24 points on 1 round trip so depending on what I had going on I could have days when I earned over 60 points just by going about my normal routine.   Hope that helps!

Gflynyc
      Casual Commenter

What borough are you in?   Lately, there are very few "high" point stations in Manhattan and I generally don't bike in Brooklyn unless I need to visit friends/family.   No bik

mavi
    Casual Commenter

I put in about 4-5 hours/day last month and finished just shy of 2k points for the month, which was #1 for my city. Yes, I felt like a complete maniac during this whole time : )

I am not in NYC but it seems like point opportunities are much better there! Getting familiar with the rhythm of point values vis a vis time of day and station location will help optimize your points rides. Be careful out there !