Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
3 months ago

Big Change to the app?

There has been a big change to the Divvy app 

A great way to protect against losing your boost if a docking station status changed moments before grabbing a bike, was after selecting the exact docking station, scan the bike from within that open window  

What used to happen, if you were in danger of losing your boost,  a warning would tell you.

After losing my boost when I was sure about the docks status, and using the above technique,  we tested, and that feature is gone. 

We switched from using the fob exactly for that protection, as more than a few times a "quick switch" caused us to loose boost.

Does anyone remember that feature and is it in fact, gone?

Thanks 

SashaMetro
    Resourceful Rider

I'm not sure about Divvy, but with CitiBike, if you re-dock a bike at the same station you won't lose your streak, even if the station has become a drop off station. You can refresh the map on your app (try switching from parking view to bikes view and back, or scrolling to other areas on the map) and if you discover that it changed just before you undocked with a key fob you can just re-dock it and find another station that is pick up or neutral.

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

All okay 

The warning is back   (pic)

Yeah   Jess!

To be picky, I'd perfer it above the scan icon because it could be missed in the hectic race to redistribute, but knowing it's there offers protection 

Thanks 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Great suggestion! I see how this could be easily missed—especially with different UI feature configurations. 

Big shout out to Remco  who noticed your post and flagged it internally for our team. Feedback from the community is super helpful to spot bugs and plan future improvements. Thanks as always for your contributions jm 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Double and more praise to Remco 

A big value person to helping and explaining 

Thank you 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Sasha

Brilliant!

Yes  Thank you for the tip. If a bike is broken (or as you so smartly suggested,  we made an "ops!),  Divvy allows us to re-dock the bike without penalty like Citibike 

It's a kind and useful feature, especially if you take out a lot of classics, you'll get a bad bike now and again 

But we didn't think of what you suggested and it would have been helpful  

Thank you very much

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Yes  100%  The app has been changed.

You see from the pic, I was trying to pick up from a drop off station and the app is not issue a warning:

"When picking up from a drop off station, you will lose your boost."

I checked with fellow Divvy Angels and confirmed that warning feature used to be included in other app versions.

Thank you  

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi, jm, my apologies for the delay in reply to your issue. Are you still seeing that the warning doesn't appear? Can you also share what troubleshooting you've done with your device? This will help me as I investigate the issue.