Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
3 months ago

Is This Fair?

Is this FAIR!!! 

The app tells us there are 150 bikes available at a Valet tended docking station, and 3pts for pickup (pic)

And when we get there the dock has nothing?!!?

Empty

Please, some compensation for Lyft's grave error in 90 degree heat, or please get the algorithm fixed 

Okay we're asking too much. 

Not for the compensation. But to expect Lyft will ever fix the system.

Sure, we don't want the Angel thing to end,  but why can't the big brains fix these inconsistencies

Thank you.  

• One way to check on the app discrepancy regarding availability 

Try to reserve a bike 

Here you see 149 bikes available and 3 points pick up 

But when we try to reserve a bike, nothing is available  (pic)

Sure, could be the station is full of classics, but we all know that's not true 

I guess the Lyft thinking is .. the Angles should all be grateful and just work with what we are given  

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

One way to check on the app discrepancy regarding availability 

Try to reserve a bike 

Here you see 149 bikes available and 3 points pick up 

But when we try to reserve a bike, nothing is available  (pic)

Sure, could be the station is full of classics, but we all know that's not true 

I guess the Lyft thinking is .. the Angles should all be grateful and just work with what we are given  

Leslie52
      Steady Solver

We don't have that in NYC....or maybe I have just never seen it in the app.  

I'm confused.  The photo above shows scooters not bikes.  They don't have scooters in NY either.  Guess there are too many potholes here.  

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Thank you 

The photo above shows an empty docking station along with the app showing there are 150 bikes available 

Like many things that are broken, it can work for or against earning points for Angels 

Leslie52
      Steady Solver

That often happens when the station is offline.  Sometimes you can tell by tapping on the station.  If it shows (for example) 1 bike and 1 ebike and 6 open docks and you know it is a station with 26 docks...you know the station is down.  Some spots go in and out.  One minute you can borrow a bike and the next minute you cannot.  There have been some where I noticed a change when the traffic light changed or when cars drove by.  It seems like the internet connection goes in and out...whether you use the app or your key.  Best bet is to always check when there is a very full station (without any movement from bike angels) in the middle of what appears to be a desert.  If it looks to good to be true, it probably is...although once in a blue moon I have been surprised to discovered a needle in a haystack.

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

The app has glitches for sure. But a testament to how robust and well working the app performs, is the very high level of frustration we feel when the few times the app messes-up :)

We've come to just expect it will always work

In Chicago Divvy, we've given up trusting anything to do with the Valet system.

The Valets are no longer permanent with fixed hours, and instead "roam" around.

We just assume the data is inaccurate and go by our experiences with the stations 

If we wanted to put the time in, we can try reserving an ebike at the Valet station. If it offers a booking, then something is there. That doesn't cover the classics.  

In practice, why bother    

Big changes with Divvy and the "new" company Lyft farms out the responsibilities

Shortages abound. Trucks and staff, and difficulties meeting the many baked in requirements set up long ago by the city 

Still... better than what was here before, 'cause there was nothing here before.

Thank you 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Always grateful for your time in sharing your experiences, jmYour perspective is very helpful to illustrate how this issue affects your ridership and use of the BA program. I shared this post directly with our Divvy Operations Team.